Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I Love You Portugal !

Soooo yesterday both of our alarms went off early at 7:45 for our last
excursion in Portugal. I barely remember waking up and then the next
time we looked at the clock it was 11:30. Safe to say we missed the 9am
bus to our bike tour. I don't know if we could have done it anyway. So
exhausted and I think I broke my toe at some point in Portugal. It is
not swollen or bruised but damn does it hurt to put pressure on. Maybe a
sprained toe, that's how you prove you did exploring right?!

We made our way out to the city with some friends by 2 and wandered. We
found a McDonald's for WiFi and I finally got to say hi and make use of
What's App. We basically wandered and walked and wandered more, but we
actually knew where we were going. We stopped in cool shops that weren't
touristy. We actually got some really pretty tiles. Mine is all orange.
After that we stopped at a little bakery for the biggest croissants ever
... filled with chocolate. Then we re-found our friends and got drinks.
More green wine. We wandered some more and walked to Alfama, which is
the oldest quarter of the city and is filled with decorated streets,
hills, and cool little shops. After walking for a while we stopped for
dinner in the main square and I can't remember the name of the place.
The food was pretty good, but we got some more drinks. I had a mojito
and I definitely felt it. I really loved Portugal but we had to be on
board by 10pm.

Right now it is 7:50am and I have class starting at 8. Not sure what is
going on because we still haven't left port for Spain. It should take
two days to get there though!

No comments:

Post a Comment