Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Poppin' A Drammy

Yesterday we had orientation and it was basically all day and boring,
not going to lie. The food here is not really improving as it is
potatoes and pasta basically for lunch and dinner every day. It's not
bad, but there isn't much variety and a lot of carbs. So I'm hungry a
lot because I'm just burning through carbs. I did eat some chicken
finally for lunch though. It got pretty windy and rocky so we were all
walking around like drunks through the halls. JoEllen and I did not feel
so hot near dinner time and through 8. We did make a new friend though,
Mary. She is also from New Jersey and started talking because she saw my
Stockton sweatshirt. We hung out with her all day and plan to meet up
today too. We have met a few other nice people that we talk to and sit
with in classes or the halls.

The reason for the name of this post is because we went to bed around 9
and by 12 we were still up and hyper and laughing and dizzy. So we split
a Dramamine in half and very classy like said cheers. That's when I had
my first quotable moment (around the time of over tiredness) "I don't
want to wake up tomorrow because I am scared of breakfast." Yea most of
our talk included how we wanted more food and something other than pasta.

Today is our first day of classes and we woke up being rocked like
crazy, but we slept like babies because of the Dramamine. Our first
class was Anthropology of Food and it started at 8. We were exhausted. I
think i will really like it because it is science(y) and about
nutrition and cannibalism, which seems interesting. The other classes
seem alright. The teachers are nice, although I am not looking forward
to the economics class. Even though we were tired I was glad to be
finished with classes at 12. We do have a lot of reading to do and it is
going to be hard to get used to going to class every day until ports. It
is a lot nicer today and the waters calmed down around 3. I'm happy to
be going South and having warmer weather, so I'm of course out in my
bathing suit trying to tan. It's weird because if I were at home I would
be so dark already. Without the beach and hot humid weather, I am still
Casper looking. We are west of Spain and still North of Portugal but a
lot closer and may be there a day early. We went to the "campus" store
and I got the shirt that I think everyone will buy that has all the
countries were going to on the back. I also got a sweatshirt because it
is colder than expected and I only brought one. I always get blue or
grey or black, so I got tie dye to mix it up and because I couldn't pick
a color. And i FINALLY got a water bottle (orange of course) because you
can't take cups out of the dining hall so I've been only able to drink
during meals. Right now we are reading our books for classes (even
though we are having trouble figuring out what page we are on and
JoEllen is having wifi troubles and her books are stuck in the archive)
#KindleProbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment