Saturday, August 9, 2014

Finnish Clubbing

Yesterday we went to a town called Porvoo. It was about an hour away and
the reason why we picked this tour was because it looked like such a
beautiful and old little town. It was, but our guide kind of stunk and
didn't really tell us anything about the place before leaving us for
free time. We wandered around the old all cobble stone streets (my toe's
arch nemesis) and found some unique stores. At one store Becca and I
tried out some perfume or what we thought was body spray, until the shop
owner came to tell us that it was air freshner. We played it off like we
sprayed in the air by our wrists and not actually on our skin, but yea
that was funny and embarrassing. The tour ended at 1 and we asked to be
dropped off back in city. We went back to the same market again because
Becca wanted to walk around it and we still enjoyed it for the 3rd time.
We stopped for lunch at the market again and got the biggest and most
yummy crepes ever. Mine was chicken ceasar and so good. Probably the
best way I have ever had chicken ceasar salad. We walked around more of
the city and headed back for dinner. The walk back was quite hilarious
because JoEllen and I didn't think we were going to make it back to the
ship. We were so thirsty and felt practically dead on the 30 minute walk
back. Right now it is after dinner and JoEllen is napping and I'm not
(because I already did), but I might soon.

Last night we went back into the city and went clubbing. It was really
fun and I tried a shot of absinthe. Gross and not for me. After clubbing
for a while we ended up at McDonald's because we were starving. It's
funny that it takes alcohol in me to eat fast food. While we were eating
we started talking to 4 guys. They were Finnish and 3 were in the army.
They were actually younger than us, but they thought I looked 15 as
usual. They tried to teach us Finnish, but I don't remember any of it.
We talked for over an hour and we asked them were the bus was to take us
back and they showed and then said "oh wait they're not running now". So
we walked back and it was really nice out. We got back late or early? I
don't know but we finally got to bed sometime after 4am and didn't wake
up until 11 today and then I slept again until 1. Right now we are on
the top deck doing homework. We decided not to go to the beach like we
wanted to today because it is a little chilly and cloudy today. I need
to rest or I won't make it to the last country! This is exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment