Thursday, August 14, 2014

Licking Walls

So last night Becca, JoEllen and I stuffed our faces at a restaurant. I tried the sausage kielbasa and was not that crazy over it. We had like 8 plates on our table and it was so good. And for dessert I had the biggest vanilla milkshake ever! Yay for Lactaid. 

Today we started off with the Salt Mines. We went down over 400 steps to get about 200 feet under the earth. It was filled with all different chambers. By the end we were about 450 feet under ground. While we were under we learned about miners and tasted the salt. We tasted the salt by licking the walls. Yea it's sanitary, look it up. All thanks to science. After we had lunch and then a tour of Schindler's factory. It was a really cool tour and we learned all about the war and the holocaust. We saw names of all of the people saved by the factory and Oscar's original office. 

Right now we are back in the town center. We did our touristy souvenir shopping and now we are finishing dinner. I had my first pierogis ever. They were so gooood. I'm really full but we want ice cream. Tomorrow we have the long bus ride back to port in Gdansk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment