Monday, August 18, 2014

Weebles Wobble but They Won't Fall Down

Today ends our first day back at sea after a week. We are in the North
Sea again, but on the other side of what we previously sailed earlier in
the trip. It is extremely rocky and rough. It was hard to sleep last
night after we left at 11pm. We were again being moved up and down in
our beds. Today was a study today because finals are tomorrow. It was a
little difficult to study today when being rocked so much. It sort of
made me a little nauseous at some points from reading and being rocked
at the same time. We are also having some bad weather, with really dark
skies and some periods of pouring rain.

We are all walking down the hallways crooked and I did a good amount of
stumbling around the room this morning when I first woke up. Luckily I
have not fallen and I have not seen anyone else take a tumble.

Tomorrow we will be in German waters and going through the Kiel Canal.
It will take most of the day basically and it should help to give us
some calmer waters, which is why we are going through it I think. I
cannot wait for finals to be over. After finals we have our Alumni Ball
and I have to start packing at some point. It is now after 10 so there
is really only 2 days left and then an entire day of traveling home on
the 21st!

No comments:

Post a Comment