Saturday, August 9, 2014

I Ate What?

Hi Helsinki. Day one was on Wednesday. We had a lab for our economics
class. I have never taken a class like this and I will definitely be
sticking to science. Our teacher basically gave us props and thanked us
for getting through the day. Besides our lab being 12 hours long, it was
about 800 degrees. So that was my first day in Hel... sinki. See what I
did there?

Thursday we had a tour of Soumenlinna Island. It is made up of 6 islands
and was Finland's sea fortress. It was also really hot this day as well.
Before we boarded the ferry to the island we walked around the main
market square. There I bought a liter of strawberries and they were
delicious! Once we got to the island our guide showed us different
things and it had beautiful views of the water. Unfortunately we only
had a half day tour so we did not have time to see much, but I'm glad we
at least got there. After we got back to the ship for lunch and a nap
and headed back out. We went back to the same market again and looked at
the stands that had, souvenirs, food, and flowers. It was a really cute
little market on the water and we had a good time wandering around. For
lunch I decided to try some reindeer. I had a reindeer hotdog and I
really liked it. I don't really like hot dogs, but it was good and had a
different after taste. Later in the afternoon we had to duck into some
stores because a huge thunder storm rolled in due to the unusually hot
weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment