Tuesday, July 29, 2014

7 Countries Down

Right now it is almost 8am and I'm waiting for my Anthropology of Food
class to start. I have 2 days at sea before Sweden. My 5 days in Russia
is over. This is going so fast. I thought it was going to go by slower,
but it didn't. Only 3 countries left. I am so exhausted after Russia. We
had really long days of walking and it was extremely hot.

Our last day in Russia was spent going to different markets. We were
brought to the usual souvenir stores and then we also got to see a food
market which was really cool. We saw a bunch of different places and
walked around the city for most of the afternoon. After Ireland and
Norway failed us, we are back on the chocolate croissant game thanks to
Russia. I liked Russia and it was a lot different than what I was
expecting. Partially because they hyped it up and warned us so much and
everyone was terrified to go. We tried these strange hot dogs that we
have been seeing a lot in the Scandinavian countries. Basically it was
like a hollowed out baguette and the hotdog went inside. It was kind of
like the hot dog was stuffed in the bread, they didn't use rolls. The
ketchup also looked like jelly and tasted a little different. I don't
really like hot dogs, but it was actually good. We got back on the boat
after 3 and I was asleep by 9 at night. Sweden is next!

No comments:

Post a Comment