Monday, July 14, 2014

Reflecting and Scones?

Its reflecting time! I was going to group the countries in more than 2,
but Scotland and Ireland were my favorites so far. Here are my country
reflections and croissant ratings.

Glasgow, Scotland:
Scotland was so amazing. It was extremely green and had sheep
everywhere, I wanted to take one home with me. The city was clean and
old. It had such nice architecture and buildings. The people were
amazing. They were so incredibly nice, I just wanted to hug them all.
They were all so nice and honestly cared and wanted to talk to you and
help. I loved Scotland and way more than I thought I would. I did not
know what to expect going in and I fell in love with it. I feel bad
saying this, but I think I might have liked it a little more than
Ireland. It was just beautiful everywhere, even taking the train was
nice. We had some cool programs, did shopping, and got drinks. The food
was good and it was just an overall fun country and good time. I was
pretty close to crying when we had to leave this country. This one
definitley gave me the "wow this study abroad thing is really
happeneing" feeling. When we left, bagpipers played as we left. It was
an amazing experience that I won't forget. Croissant rating: 2.5

Dublin and Galway, Ireland:
Ireland! The country I was most excited about. I loved every second of
this country. It is very close in ranking with Scotland. The only thing
that puts it lower is the weather. We got lucky with the weather in
Scotland, but not here. It was raining on and off and that hindered our
Cliffs of Moher experience. I have never seen so many cows before and it
was also so green and beautiful. The landscapes and views were amazing
along with all of the sites that I went to see. The people here were
also so nice and hospitable. The drinks were great and so was the food.
There was so much to see and do here and it was so much fun and I fell
in love with the country. I expected to like it, but not as much as I
did. I will definitely be making a point to return to Ireland some day.
Croissant rating: WE DIDN'T FIND ONE. So I had a scone, which I can't
rate. It was my first scone ever and I didn't like it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment