Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Adios!

So Sunday we took a shuttle ride to Sopelana (hope I am spelling that right) for a festival. It was pretty cool. It started off as a parade that everyone basically followed and then they went to church. JoEllen and I went in search of food and wandered the streets and found a cool candy store with some interesting things. At about 12 they had little vendors set up with crafts and toys for the kids. JoEllen got her hair wrapped and I added to my dream catcher collection with one in the colors of the Basque flag. Afterwards there were children that danced and the festival continued again.

Yesterday we had our wine tasting in La Rioja. It was not what we thought it would be. We visited 2 wineries and in one we went into the wine " cemetery ". It had wine from every year since the place opened. Everything was covered in mold, like covered, some of the bottles could barely be seen. The wineries and vineyard were really pretty and there were so many of them. We only actually tasted 2 wines on our wine tasting experience, which was strange. We had lunch and I had veal for the first time. After we went back to the port and got on the shuttle to the town in Bilbao. In every country we have been trying to collect a key chain. We want one from every country and then we can make something at the end. Unfortunately, I am already missing a country. I could not find one for Spain. Maybe I'll have to order a cheap one off of Amazon for Bilbao, Spain. (Dad if you are reading this you should help me out). I fell asleep really early and now classes are started again.

We are actually half way through classes already which is crazy. After class we plan on sitting up on the main deck, and yes mom I am using sunscreen and purell. We have a project and test tomorrow and 2 papers due this week. Overall, I liked Portugal way better than Spain. I found myself starving everyday in this country. They eat at way different times than us and I did not really like the food here. We are still docked in Spain and will be leaving for Scotland next. We should be in Glasgow by Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment