Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I Can See Russia from my House

This is delayed I think. I don't remember forgetting about it, but last
day in Norway (the 21st)! Becca, JoEllen and I headed to the beach. The
beach is called Huk and we heard it was supposedly a nude beach but
luckily it wasn't. There were a lot of naked babies though and it was
weird. I guess the Norwegians aren't as crazy as my mother with sun
protection. We took a ferry across the fjord and walked around a half
hour through some neighborhoods to the beach. It was not like a New
Jersey beach at all! A lot of rocks in the water and coarse sand. No
soft sand like NJ. After we walked in a huge circle basically and found
a cafe for lunch. It was just another relaxing day for us. We took the
ferry back and walked around the city center before making our way back
to the ship. Basically after that I took a shower and fell asleep
because our feet were killing us. On Monday we passed by Sweden on one
side and Denmark on the other side while tanning on the deck. The
weather has been gorgeous. Now we are almost to Russia and we will see
land tomorrow, if I can get through these two midterms.

No comments:

Post a Comment