Sunday, July 6, 2014

Tatties or Naw?

Drowning in tatties. That's the Scottish word for potato for those who
have their mind in the gutter. So yea I'm kind of hilarious. We have
potatoes available everyday on the ship for breakfast, lunch, and
dinner. We are not exactly jumping to try any Scottish or Irish potatoes.

Anyway we got into port at Greenock, Scotland yesterday morning. The one
bad thing is that when we pull into port the boat makes these really
loud noises at like 6am. We hear it all because we are the first room
towards the front.

So a few things.
First: They are so super nice here and I love the accents.
Second: It is very green.
Third: Sheep. That's all.
Fourth: This weather is insane. Rain, chilly, sunny, and hot all within
the span of a minute.
Fifth: There is a clan called Blair, so even though it is spelled wrong,
my name (sort of) is on stuff!

So we had a walking tour yesterday and it was really pathetic honestly.
We did run into an orange parade which was basically celebrating the
Presbyterian religion. We had about an hour and a half maybe of this
"walking tour" of Glasgow and we were taken to a church and an
acropolis. The acropolis was basically their nice way of saying
graveyard so we went to a city of dead people for the most part. Some of
the graves were really old and from the 1800's. We got a little free
time and I found black currant Capri Sun!The tour itinerary was like
here is a church and here are some graves, now go home. After the tour
we went food shopping because we are hungry a lot. Like all the time,
especially when at sea. I complain to my mom like everyday about the
food here on-board and I don't really want to eat potatoes or pasta ever
again in my life. I am a very picky eater, but once we get in port and I
am basically ready to eat anything that is not pasta. I mean seriously I
had liver in Spain, still not getting over that. Gross. I don't think
food should be grey.

Today we went into Edinburgh and saw the city and castle. It was on this
volcano and some of the rocks were I think over 350 million years old.
The science nerd in me thought that was pretty fricken' cool. The castle
was really old and pretty. I wouldn't mind having my own castle. Eric,
if you are reading this, could you take care of that issue of me not
having a castle? For the most part, I just couldn't get over the old
rock thing. We wandered around and found a dog cemetery, which was
pretty interesting. We had like 4 hours of free time so we wandered
through cool shops and got food. Real food! I had a Scottish beef burger
and I almost died. Real meat. Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment