Thursday, July 17, 2014

Trolling in Bergen

Norway Norway NORWAY. I LOVE NORWAY. At least Bergen so far. So yesterday we arrived early, yet again, to Bergen. We were allowed to get off of the ship at 6. We made it off after dinner and by 9 I was in love with the city. We walked around the streets of this cute little old town on the water. The entire time all we could say was "is this real?" or "are we in Disney?". Becca, JoEllen, and I (now the 3 musketeers, it's casual) stumbled upon the FlØibanen. It is a tram that pulls you up the mountain. The views were insane, but once we got off we started with the "is this real?" again. The views of the city and the water were incredible. Norway is just so beautiful. I think I took about 300 pictures just then. After we found some cool shops. I bought some trolls. Not the troll dolls like we have, but traditional trolls. They are actually really creepy and ugly. For some reason though I think they are cute and I am obsessed with them. I love the trolls. They are so hideously cute. Oh and also blackcurrant ice cream. That's all I have to say about that.

Today we took a bus to a ferry and a ferry to a train and a train to another train and a train to the bus and the bus to the ship. Literally that was our day and I'm tired. The program was called Norway in a Nutshell and we took transportation sysytems all day through mountains and fjords and it got even prettier. We stopped at waterfalls and sang Frozen all day, at least I did in my head. I again took another like 1000 pictures of the same mountain/ fjord, but they are from different angles so completely different shots. I did not know what to expect with the Scandinavian countries, so I was very surprised with Norway and it is definitely in my top countries list. I would probably come back here one day. Tomorrow we are in transit to Oslo and because some students are traveling off the ship between cities there are no classes! I can't wait to sleep past 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment