Monday, July 7, 2014

Loch Lomond featuring Chicken Wing

So today we had to be up earlier than usual to catch the bus to Loch
Lomond. We are currently on the bus as I type this first half. This is
one of those field programs where we got graced with a boxed lunch from
the ship. Our cardboard boxes included an unidentified cube of cake, a
hard boiled egg, Capri Sun, 2 Oreos, a cheese and mystery meat sandwich,
an apple, and finally last but not least a chicken wing. Yea a chicken
wing/drumstick wrapped in plastic wrap. I will be eating well this
afternoon.

So onto the hike that occurred this afternoon. It was not well
described. We got there with our hats and gloves that they told us to
bring and it was chilly but hot once we got moving. It looked like it
could have stormed but it didn't and it got pretty warm. Everything they
told us to bring was not needed and just made my backpack heavier. They
also said a hike around the lake, but no it was a hike up a 1000ft.
mountain to see a view of the hike. Eric you would have been in hiking
heaven. JoEllen started getting a sinus cold yesterday so it was already
going downhill from the start (get it? it's punny). We made it halfway
and the view was so beautiful. Once again mom and dad I am not leaving
Scotland. It was so green and beautiful and I saw a sheep frolicking
around. It was very steep for the most part and there were areas that
basically seemed like rock climbing to me (not as vertical, but kind of
tricky).

JoEllen was not feeling well at the halfway point so being the fabulous
friend I am (I'm so funny), I went back down with her and we were also
joined by 2 life long learners. Junko and Lareida are from Hawaii, and
said they had been friends for 40 years. They were so nice and funny, it
was like seeing the older version of us two in the future. We made it
down with them and we walked around the lake and found a pretty dock.
They took pictures with us and JoEllen and I of course took a selfie
with them. Luckily JoEllen started to feel better and we stopped into
this little cafe called the Oak Tree Inn. It was so cute, like the
cutest place ever. There were all these different grandfather clocks on
the walls and tons of logs stacked up. They had pictures of guys on the
wall with huge fish that they caught. My favorite part was that all of
the chairs were different, like all old and mismatched. Our table was
actually an old sewing machine table. We all just had a coffee break,
and Junko insisted on paying which was so nice of her. We ended having a
really nice day without killing ourselves on the mountain.

P.S. - The cube of cake was later identified as pound cake.
P.P.S - My mom is pointing out mistakes in past blogs to me, but I
cannot change them because I cannot get onto my blog site. I update my
blog by email and I can't do much else. So I am sorry for my mistakes
everybody. "Nobody's perfect, I gotta work it again and again til I get
it right" - Hannah Montana

1 comment:

  1. Really? I did not point out multiple mistakes. It was one word.
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete