Sunday, July 13, 2014

"If You See Something You Really Like Buy It"

So our on ship e-mails have been shut down for all of Ireland, since we
left Scotland. Here is 2 days of Ireland (my homeland!) in one post.

Day One:
We had a city tour of Dublin to see some sites. We went to Guinness
first. That was a pretty cool experience. We went through a little tour
I guess to learn how the beer is made. We went onto the 4th floor for
the best schooling ever. The Guinness Academy. They showed us exactly
how to pour and craft the perfect pint. Everyone in our "class" got to
try and we all graduated with our pints. After the academy we had lunch
which was amazing beef and mashed potatoes. I got my dad this really
cool mug and I BROKE it. After Guinness we toured St. Patrick's
cathedral which was so pretty. I love old churches because of the
architecture and the stained glass windows. By the time we finished at
the church, JoEllen and I signed off of the field program and went off
on our own. We got to see Trinity college (mom and dad I could go to
grad school there!) Our plan for the day was to: shop, pub, shop, pub,
shop, pub ... and on and on. We did our shopping and did our drinking. I
got hit on by an Irishman at a cigar shop, not really making it any
easier for me to leave this country. Back to the important stuff, we did
not have one bad drink in Ireland. One of the drinks we got was a
blueberry frozen margarita. It was basically an alcoholic slurpee in a
margarita glass. While we were at one of the bars it started pouring and
would not stop. JoEllen bought a broken umbrella and with that we
decided to walk to the shuttle that takes us to port.

Day Two:
The next day was our overnight trip to the Cliffs of Moher, which I was
so excited about. To sum up our 2 day and 1 night trip in a sentence : I
paid $300 to nap on a bus. The first day was spent hopping on and off
the bus a few times during a 3 hour ride. We saw the Devil's Punch Bowl,
rivers, and a castle. I can't remember the castle name, but Mary and I
decided to walk around the castle on the path and there she almost fell
off the side of the hill. We could not stop laughing after she death
gripped me and stayed put. We finally got to the hotel around 5 and it
was a nice place. I felt like I was in the Lizzie McGuire movie. After
making it to the hotel we had dinner and I had chicken curry, in
Ireland? Weird to see on that menu and to have in this country. We ended
up going out to a few pubs that were in this little town with 2 of the
guys that we were sitting with on the bus. One is from New Jersey. I
don't know what it is, but all of us NJ kids seem to find each other and
flock together. After drinks we slept and my bed was horrible. It was
99% springs and I felt like I was sleeping on a pile of scrap metal at
some points, but I passed out anyway. Oh and I burned like 3 layers of
skin off in the shower because it would just drastically change
temperatures on you. It was an interesting night.

No comments:

Post a Comment